Sunday, May 25, 2008

Duck Boat

We decided to be tourists for the day and went on the Seattle Duck Boats--"Ride the Ducks of Seattle". After we told Mcayden what we were going to do, he talked about riding on the "duck boat" all morning. Addison had a little melt down once we arrived in Seattle. I was worried she was going to cry (scream) the whole time, but thankfully she fell asleep and slept for most of the ride.

Mcayden & Rick with their "quackers".
Seattle has a lot of fun attractions and places to visit. There is a lot of artwork throughout the city. The tourguide pointed out places to eat, statistics about coffee drinking and other little tid bits. I had hoped to learn more about the city and its history, but this tour guide was more into having us listen to clips of music and guess what songs they were. Debbie and I went on the D.C. Ducks and learned a ton about the city, so I guess I had hoped it would be more similar to that. It was fun though. We're glad we went. It was such a great day to do it!

Mcayden was excited to go out on Lake Union. He liked when he would get sprayed with a little water. It is really beautiful. There were a lot of kayakers out on the lake--Mcayden waved at ALL of them. The weather was perfect and what a great view of the city.


This is the house from the movie "Sleepless in Seattle". It is currently up for sale--$2.5 million. Interested? The tour guide gave us the run down on how much it would cost to buy it, roughly. The docking fees, taxes, and monthly payments were as much as buying a whole compact car each month! The people who live there bought it for $800,000 about 15 years ago. They will be making a pretty penny selling it.

1 comments:

KWit said...

That looks so fun. We are wanting to do that when Cory's sister comes! I LOVE WASHINGTON!!