Monday, July 21, 2008

Sunday Talks in Church

Rick thinks we're on a ward "hit list" because we have been asked twice to give talks in church and I've been called three times to substitute in Relief Society (all in the past month). Every time we've been asked, we have been out of town...until yesterday.
So, we gave talks in church! Rick talked on the LDS Church walefare program and I spoke on Adversity. I think Rick did an awesome job--he really doesn't like public speaking, but you'd never know by the way he delivers a talk. He's relieved it's over. :) I like giving talks--it's fun to read about a subject and learn more about gospel principals. There is an awesome talk on adversity, I would suggest reading http://rusch.files.wordpress.com/2006/09/the-uses-of-adversity.pdf.
Here are the kids getting ready for church. Addison is wearing a dress Auntie Debbie gave her, for the first time. Now that she's three months old--like magic--she fits in some of her three-month outfits. Fun! New clothes! I love Addison's little shoes. Mcayden looks so handsome in his shirt and tie. He is growing up so fast. Too fast for Rick and I.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my word! What adorable and gorgeous kids! I love them. Please give them big hugs from auntie Julie!

Anonymous said...

That dress is precious and I love the shoes. Congratulations in your talks being over and you doing a great job--as I know you both did.
Hugs, mom