Saturday, July 19, 2008

Day Out with Thomas


We bought tickets a couple of months ago to go see the "Thomas" train. Mcayden was really excited and talked about it for about two weeks before the big day!(We tried not to tell him too far in advance because he is our little "elephant" and would talk about going every day until we went!) The train has been touring around from state to state.


Mcayden and Daddy on the bus that took us to the train station.


We were greeted by a friendly clown, "Genii Blue"at the Snoqualmie train station. She directed the line when it was time to board the train.


There were all kinds of train sets set up in one of the tents and the kids were free to play, play, play.


This is a whole train station and town made out of Legos. There were even two trains (Thomas and Percy) riding around the track. I forgot how many thousands of Lego pieces they used to build it. Mcayden kept saying, "I want it."



Mcayden seeing Thomas for the first time. His expression was priceless. (So, this is why we buy tickets months in advance, wake up early on a Saturday morning and drive for 40 minutes to ride on a train!) He was really excited and jumped up and down, "Thomas!"

The train ride was about 25 minutes long and took us up to the Snoqualmie Falls and back down. It was really pretty.


Mcayden with Sir Topham Hatt (the head of the railway).

They had live entertainment. Rick and Mcayden are shaking eggs along with the music "Shake your egg by your elbow...shake your egg by you nose...put your egg on your head..." It was really cute. Mcayden really enjoyed it.

It was a fun morning for all of us. We were so happy we went. Mcayden's excitement and expressions made it so much fun.

3 comments:

CKW said...

We never really tried to introduce Thomas the Train to Samuel until after our Thomas was born, then it just confused him. He thought we were saying Thomas' train (as in it belongs to thomas) and would just get mad. Now he calls it Brother the Train.
Looks like you had fun! The tour came through Heber not long ago too.

Anonymous said...

Those were the cutest pictures ever!!! The joy and happiess just shown through in Mcayden's expressions. How precious--worth every penny!!! I hope you share them in Costco, I must get some of those photos. Let me know when you do please.
Mom

Unknown said...

Janice babe - your kids are the most adorable kids on this planet, and I'm not just saying that cause I'm their aunt! I love these pictures. Macayden is so cute! I can't believe you are moving! Wow! I looked up what CNN had to say about it and the bike library sounds so cool! I can't wait to come visit. I might try to swing a trip this year, once I leave Tanzania, if I can, though who knows. Big hugs to you and your babes.