Rick flew back from Colorado on Thursday afternoon and we headed up to Vancouver, B.C. We went up to visit our friend, Sandy. She has lived there for two years and we decided it was about time we went and saw her! She was such a gracious hostess. What a sweetie!
Now that we're moving out of WA., we have come up with this huge laundry list of things we want to do before we move! Luckily, going up to see Sandy was high on the list! We had so much fun!

We went to the Vancouver Aquarium---which was AWESOME. Rick and I had gone there about four years ago and were excited to take Mcayden. We knew he'd love it.
We got to see Qila, a beluga whale, and her baby calf. The calf was born on June 10 and weighed 110lbs. She was the first calf in Canada to be born to an aquarium-born beluga (Qila was born there in 1995.) They only took about 30 people in at a time (to the underwater viewing windows), where they would tell you about the bulgas and let you ask questions. It was pretty neat. They wanted to keep it quiet so the belugas wouldn't be disturbed, while they're still bonding.


1 comments:
That's so great that you got to meet up with Sandy. I just chatted with her on facebook. I'm so glad you've been on top of keeping up with her. She is one of the sweetest people I have ever met.
Post a Comment