While up in Vancouver, Canada we had to park the car about three blocks from our friend's place. We were getting ready to head to the aquarium so Rick grabbed a bunch of things to take with him on his way to get the car, including Mcayden, the porta-crib and the diaper bag. We arrived at the aquarium (about 20 minutes from Sandy's place) and started loading up the stroller, when we discovered the diaper bag was not in the car, in fact it was on the curb where the car had been parked! The diaper bag held not only diapers, but also our passports and the kid's birth certificates --without these documents, we would not be let back in the U.S.A!
We quickly piled back into the car and drove back to Sandy's place (you have to drive through the ENTIRE park to get out), and then, hit all the red lights along the way (of course). Rick and I stayed really calm and quiet and I just kept praying that someone honest would find the bag and we could find them. We reached the street and Rick said, "I don't see it." I jumped out of the car and looked around. Rick then pointed out a note on the sidewalk, held down with rocks. "If you're looking for your diaper bag, call me (cell number)." There was also another note in the rear window of the car parked there on the street (with the same information). I had just started dialing the number when a gray-haired gentleman and three ladies came out of an apartment building and asked if we were looking for our bag. They had found it and saw that it had all our ID in it, so they called the emergency contact number on my passport and left the notes. I hugged them all. We were SO THANKFUL they were honest people. We thanked them and thanked them.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Where's the Diaper Bag?
Posted by J.L Schofield, Independent Scentsy Consultant at 11:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Wow what an expierence! You guys are Amazing and we miss you so much. We wish we could get together more often. Hopefully now that you'll be a little closer we can come see you more. I hear that we will probably be venturing up there in November or something for of course BYU. Yes another team that is blue that Mike is obsessed with! I love that man!! We love you guys and always enjoy our time with you and your precious family.
Post a Comment