Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Trails...8 Years

Rick and I were first introduced to each other in our highschool cafeteria. We never would have guessed that chance meeting would eventually change the rest of our lives. The thing we remember most about meeting is that we both had burgendy-dyed hair. We were both dating other people at the time, but I thought he was cute. It wasn't until two years after that initial meeting we went on our first date. I was attending USU and needed to find a date. Brian wasn't home, so I called Rick and he said yes. (Rick smiles about that now and says, "I'm so glad Brian wasn't home."). Awww.
After dating for seven months, Rick went on an LDS mission to Detroit, Michigan. The following year, I went on a mission to Ribeirao Preto, Brazil. After I got home, we dated and were married a year later, in the LDS Bountiful, Utah temple.
Now eight years, two kids, nine moves and three states later, we are even more thankful we found each other and feel very blessed to be married. I feel so lucky. Happy Anniversary and Cheers to our next 100+ years!

This year our anniversary just snuck up on us! On Sunday (the day before our anniversary) my friend offered to watch our kids overnight, so we could do something "romantical". Sooo nice. So, on Monday evening, we went on a bike ride on the Blue Sky Trail, which connects the Devil's Backbone Open Space to Horsetooth Mountain park. It was beautiful. We even saw a deer bounding through the meadow infront of us. We biked for almost six miles and then headed home, changed, picked up dinner and went to a drive in! It was so much fun! We felt like teenagers again.

4 comments:

Ruth M. said...

Congrats on the milestone!


I met mine in highschool too, LOL--we just finished up 24 years and are still happily looking toward our 25th.

You guys look happy--stay that way =)

Ruth Molenaar

Jana Heller said...

happy anniversary! you guys have an awesome story, i mean who meets in high school, both serve missions and still get married to each other? congratulations on 8 years!

Val said...

Yeah to 8 years together. I remember getting a call at 1 AM telling me you were engaged. Man time flies. It looks like you had a great anniversary. Your friend who watched your kiddos must be a gem. Love you!

Loralee White said...

congrats! Time does fly when you are having fun! I love the biking picture.