We had heard about this "zoo" from our friends, called the Swetsville Zoo. It was so amazing. The man who created the creatures in the "zoo" used to be a farmer. He created most of the sculptures between 1985 and 1995. The zoo will be closing in the next five years due to development in the area. There are over 150 sculptures--luckily many of them will be "adopted" and put in other parts of the city. They are so amazing to see!
All the sculptures are made up of old farm equipment, cars, motorcycles, etc.
The sculptures have nicknames, scientific names and comments that coordinate with a number on the sculpture. I've tried some of their names close to the coordinating pics below.
If you're ever in this area, Swetsville Zoo is definitely a place you should visit! "Marty" Cowboysaurus: The Martian cowboy
Yang- Dragon: Holding up his end
Harry the Hitchhiker, sub-human: Always looking for a handout
Sunday, August 9, 2009
A Zoo Unlike Any Other
Centurion 21, Space ship: Started life as a 1977 Buick, corn cutter, etc.
Tanner, Tannerasaurus: Keeps an eye on the rest of these clowns
Posted by J.L Schofield, Independent Scentsy Consultant at 7:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That looks SO cool! Definitely worth a trip to CO. I love your pics. What kind of a camera do you have?
Hey, Berry: I have a Canon DSL camera (the XSi). I LOVE it. I use a 50mm lens too. It is worth the investment.
What a cool place!!!
Post a Comment