Monday, October 18, 2010

Karma

I'm lucky I'm still alive. When I was two years old, I was terrible. I put Stain on a quilt my grandmother had made, I spread strawberry jam on every. single. step. from the main floor up the stairs, I stuck my sister's doll in the fire place (into a burning fire) and then pulled it out onto the carpet (starting the carpet on fire). I also fed my sister's favorite teddy bear to the neighbor's dog. Do you see why I say I'm lucky to still be alive? Sadly, I single-handedly put the word "terrible" before "twos".

Well, as Karma would have it, my little Addison has become a little destroyer of sorts herself.
Yesterday, I ran inside to talk to my friend, leaving the kids in the car, doors locked, windows part-way down. I came back out minutes later to find Addison covered in brown and black...dirt? No, it was not dirt, my friend, it was my Bare Minerals makeup. Powder makeup, now all over Addison, her booster seat, the car seats and the floor. She opened every container she could get her little hands on and dumped them. All. Over. Empty containers lay scattered around the floor and under the seats. Oh, Addison.

Mcayden was quick to point out he had stayed in his booster seat and Addison had gotten "my potion" out all by herself. Her little hands were covered, as was her face and sweater.

As I began to gather up the little containers and search for the lipgloss wand, I thought about all the terrible things I did as a two-year-old. "Karma", I thought, has come full circle.

0 comments: