After Waterbabies last night, Rick went to change and I was waiting in the foyer area with both the kids. Addison was crying, so I was focused on her and Mcayden was hanging out near me. Parents and kids were entering and exiting the area when I noticed Mcayden wasn't by me anymore. I went and looked around the whole area and back in the pool area, but he wasn't there. I opened the men's locker room door and asked Rick if he was in there. He wasn't. "Rick, Mcayden is missing!" I frantically looked through the same areas I had looked before when another mom offered to help look for him. Holding her baby, she began walking through the parking lot, calling his name. (The swim classes are in the bottom floor of an apartment building, in downtown Bellevue.) Rick went upstairs and outside and I went to the front desk a few floors up and asked if they had seen Mcayden and if they had an intercom. I checked outside, Rick went into the elevator to each floor and we really began to panic. We looked for about 20 MINUTES and I were seconds away from calling the police when Rick came back, holding Mcayden in his arms. I started crying and hugged Mcayden, telling him how worried we were we had lost him and how happy we were he had been found. What a relief. It was a horrible feeling not knowing where he was and thinking he could have been taken.
Mcayden had walked up about 10 flights of stairs and was sitting at the top of the stairwell, crying. A lady heard a faint cry and went up to see what it was. Then, she heard Rick calling his name. What a blessing she heard him and that Rick went up that far.
I've heard all kids get "lost" once in a while, but it was still a terrible feeling. I was praying so hard we would find him. I am SO thankful he was okay and I'm so thankful for the other people who helped us search the building looking for him!
Rick and I counted our blessings twice last night.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
What a Scare
Posted by J.L Schofield, Independent Scentsy Consultant at 12:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Samuel (3 at the time) did that to me once, in an empty church parking lot, when I turned away to put Thomas' car seat in. I circled the church in my car, while my friend went back into the church to see if he got back in somehow. I found myself trying to think back on any cars or people that might have passed by. 10 minutes later (seconds before I dialed 911), we found him walking in front of the church. I have no idea where he was. Everytime I go to church now, I find myself wondering where he could have hidden. There are only a few bushes and he was in bright orange! I hate that feeling of wanting to run in every direction at once because you are afraid that if you run the wrong way you are just getting further from them. I'm about to Lo-jack Thomas. He's a runner.
This is Cyndi, by the way. I have been lurking for ages, and finally re-did my own blog that I actually plan to keep up on now! so I thought I would drop by and tell a long winded story and say hi.
Your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment