Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Moving Day

We have moved! I haven't taken any pictures at our new place, so I posted this picture of Mcayden standing by some boxes we had piled up in our kitchen. We didn't have enough room in our Penske truck, so we had to rent a small U-Haul and pull it behind the Penske truck. Thanks to our great friend Alex and my mom, we were able to get the house packed up nice and neat and had only a few minor casualties. The big casualties were actually caused by the black/grey Penske moving blankets. They rubbed on our furniture and RUINED our kitchen table, three chairs, a dresser....etc. So, if you ever move, we'd recommend not to use the black/grey moving blankets, unless your furniture is already black.

We have been busy unpacking and putting things away. Our new house is great and I love the kitchen. There is cupboard space to spare--which is a first for us! Abby (our cat) also is very happy here and hasn't walked around "crying" like she has after other moves.
My mom is taking care of our kids and my dad came down to help us move in. We are so thankful for them and all of their help! It has made everything go so much smoother.
We drove by the resevoir tonight--it was really pretty and has a great "make out point" nearby. We also found a drive-in movie theater. We are so excited about that!
Fort Collins is beautiful and we like our neighborhood and our house! We were joking that I will need to get a PT job just to pay for eating out---there are soooo many restaurants here we want to try out! It has a small city feel, but isn't really that small. We are so happy.
I will post pictures and updates later!

4 comments:

CKW said...

Yea! you made it. i still am not sure why you moved!? Can't wait to see pictures!

Loralee White said...

I'm glad to hear that you love it there. I'm sorry that we have not been any help with all of this. We have had a crazy last couple of weeks. But we do look forward to coming and visiting you guys. We love you!

Loralee White said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jana Heller said...

sorry to see you go but we are glad that you made it safely. good luck!