Monday, November 1, 2010

A (very) Happy Halloween

We are a "thing"!

Our playful black cat and Carebear. "Trick-or-Treat!"
There are a lot of people who don't enjoy Halloween. Infact a couple of people I know posted on Facebook they wished it would be taken off the calendar. Insanity, I say! Insanity! Infact, I wish there were more days in the year when you could dress up totally crazy, and color your hair blue and it would be totally welcomed.
Mcayden and Addison really enjoyed wearing their costumes and trick-or-treating. Mcayden would run ahead of us and crouch down on the ground meowing. He was in full character all night ("black cat"). Addison was a CareBear (Love-a-lot bear). She "got it" this year and would run from house to house with her brother, carrying her bag of candy on her arm, like a purse. When people would offer the kids more candy, Mcayden would say, "No thanks, I already got one. I am going to more houses" and Addison would hold her bag open.
I thought it was fun as a kid, but it's even more fun as a parent!
Rick and I decided to be "Thing 1 and Thing 2" from Dr. Seuss. It was so much fun having crazy, blue hair (plus it was e a s y).
We went to our friend's annual Halloween Party and trick-or-treated in her neighborhood. It is a great neighborhood There is one house that gives out full size candy bars AND a can of pop! (It's my favorite house.)
Addison kept opening Pixie stix by biting them in half and then dumping the candy in her mouth. Those are definately her favorite!
Needless to say, the kids CRASHED when we put them to bed and they both slept soundly in their sugar comas ...while Rick and I washed the blue out of our hair.

2 comments:

Loralee White said...

Very cute! I like the thing 1 & 2. Did the blue come out okay? I agree it's way better being the parent, and watching the kids have fun. Sounds like you guys had a fun Halloween:)

Carrie said...

Halloween is awesome. I can't believe ANYONE doesn't like it.

Last year Kai said trick or treat and then asked the guy for some water. haha! He actually gave us a few bottled waters. LOVE this holiday.