Mcayden is going to be a fireman for Halloween, so I thought it would be fun for him to meet some firemen and see a firetruck in person.
Home Depot was supposed to have a thing for kids about fire safety on Saturday. So, I got two screaming, crying kids packed up in the car and we headed over. Clenching of the teeth... Mcayden was crying because he didn't want to wear his "fireman jacket" and Addison was crying because she was tired and ready for a nap. It was not pleasant.
We arrived at Home Depot, I pulled out the stroller, loaded up the kids and trekked into the store. Mcayden was excited at this point to "see firemen!" When I asked where the firemen would be, I was told the event was cancelled because of the weather. Weather? What weather? It wasn't raining, no snow, no wind. Mist. Mist, I tell you! I was so annoyed.
So, a quick "Plan B"... I took Mcayden to a nearby firehouse. He was able to meet a couple firemen, see their office and sit in the big firetruck. He didn't want to pose for picture, get in the truck or even stand by it, at first. Rick came by while we were there and he was able to get Mcayden to climb in the truck for a minute. Fireman Brian said the truck is a lot bigger upclose and scares a lot of kids. They were so nice. They gave Mcayden a "Junior Fireman" sticker and a cool coloring book.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Fireman Sam
Posted by J.L Schofield, Independent Scentsy Consultant at 1:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
he he rick looks more excited than Mcayden! boys will always be boys! Oh I got the markers at Target!
DONTCHA JUST LOVE WHEN THINGS GO JUST AS PLANNED?!
I laughed so hard at Mcayden and his grumpy pose in front of the truck. That was hilarious! I must have that photo in a 5 X 7. If he was my kid I would not be happy, but it is so funny!
Your picts are wonderful--and so are you. Thanks for the descriptions of the events, makes me feel like I am there--without the stress. :)
It is wonderful being a grandma, now I see why my mom would just laugh at things I took so serious.
Post a Comment