We took the kids iceskating in Old Town yesterday and had a great time! Rick and I hadn't been iceskating for years. Ooh, scary.
Old Town is so awesome. It's only $3.00 (including skates) to skate for as long as you want! How great is that?!
Whoever the smarty was that thought of flipping garbage cans upside down for the kids to hold onto, while they skate, is a new hero of ours.
Mcayden got a little more comfortable and skated around with Rick.
Addison and I "skated" along the wall. I say "skated" because it was more like making baby steps/glides as I held onto the wall. I didn't want to chance falling with Addison strapped to me.
Ooh, look at our little man, venturing out on his own (with Daddy close by). Mcayden skated a bit with only the help of the garbage can. Wahoo!
Oops! Mcayden had his first (and only) spill, or "crash" as he would say.
Daddy brought "Sharky" out of his pocket and told Mcayden he could show "Sharky" how to iceskate. Immediately there was a renewed enthusiasm for iceskating and he took his little shark for a ride atop the garbage can.
There is definately not a shortage of things to do with our family here. We are so excited for the Christmas season. In Old Town they have decorated ALL the trees with beautiful white lights. The entire main street (College) is lit up. It feels like a winter wonderland already. I will try to shoot some pictures of the lights, but for now I have added a picture I found on Flickr from 2007.


0 comments:
Post a Comment