ONE
I wanted to make Mcayden a cupcake train cake this year, so I bought a silicone cupcake-train-puzzle cake a couple of months before. Thankfully I tried it out a couple of days before his party. The cupcakes did not come out of the silicone in one piece. The tops came off and the bottoms stayed stuck. I was so disappointed.
TWO
My friend Janell loaned me a 3-D train cake pan. The night before the party, I baked the cake. The toothpick came out clean. When I opened the pan, I found that only about 1/4 of the cake had baked perfectly, the other 3/4 was cooked unevenly and was doughy in parts. (I followed the directions to a "T".)
THREE
I didn't have time to try the 3-D cake again, so I decided to make a train with cupcakes. I looked online and got the idea of how to do it. Thankfully they turned out great. It was really fun decorating the cupcakes. And most importantly, Mcayden and his friends thought it was yummy.
Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate Mcayden's birthday with him!

0 comments:
Post a Comment