Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Spray Bottle


Addison does this ear-piercing, hair-standing-up-on-your-neck-kind-of-squeal/shriek that she belts out when she wants something, is excited about something, or needs your attention.
At first, it was cute. Three months later, not so cute.
Today I started flicking her with water when she would squeal and she'd stop momentarily. Unfortunately, she'd just smile and do it again. She is very persistent. It reminded me of my friend's little boy would do a similar little shriek/squeal when he was about about 1 1/2 years old. She tried everything and finally tried using a spray bottle and would give him a little spray when he would do it. He eventually stopped doing it (as far as I know), but I'm not sure if it was the spray bottle, or that he grew out of it. When I'm on the phone and Addison shrieks/squeals, the people on the other side always comment on how loud her squealing is. Yeah, it's loud. Maybe we'll stop at Target tomorrow and buy her a spray bottle.

0 comments: