Sunday, September 21, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I'm sorry it has taken so long to tell you about our new home town and how things are going! So, sit down, I'm going to give you the low down.

Rick and I are super happy with our decision to move here. We're really enjoying it. There is something about a college town! Rick did a great job picking our current home and we are loving all the extra space! There are a lot of really awesome parks nearby and people are incredibly nice. Plus, I like the speed limits around here! It's 40MPH almost everywhere locally. It's nice.

There are bike lanes EVERYWHERE and everyone rides bikes. We plan to get a bike trailer next spring and start biking around with the kids in tow!

I've gotten involved in a couple of "mom's" groups and am having a blast meeting new people and going to fun activities. People are so friendly. I've met other moms at parks and restaurants and we've actually gotten together with the kids for play dates. It has been awesome!

Rick has started his lawn care biz and has a couple of new clients, new equipment and his sparkly new trailer. He's really enjoying it. We all enjoy the flexibility we currently have. It has been so nice.

There is a mountain here called, "Horsetooth" that is just west of our house. Mcayden points at it and says, "Horsetoof". (The picture in this post is of Horsetooth.)It's so cute. There are a lot of lakes and a big reservoir close to where we live. Mcayden loves the parks and we go to the park or a play date almost every day now! It is a lot of fun.

The weather has been really nice too. The only thing missing is our friends in WA.

We have a guest room (hint, hint). Mi casa e su casa!

0 comments: