Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Witch in the Candy Isle

We were at the grocery store tonight and Mcayden was being a little terror! He was touching and picking up everything in the produce section, running from us and being really, really L-O-U-D. Rick started carrying him around on his shoulders, but after only a couple of seconds, Mcayden started being even louder and tugging on Rick's hair. We began walking towards the checkout, by way of the Halloween candy isle, when Rick saw a life-sized witch. He said, "Mcayden, I'm going to sic the witch on you... Let's go see the witch." At first, Mcayden wanted to see the witch, but as they stepped in front of it, it suddenly moved, the eyes lit up and it started cackling! Mcayden screamed and then started crying--he wanted mommy! Rick was laughing so hard, he was in tears. He had no idea it was animated. Even as I read this to him, he starts laughing. In his defense, Rick said, he wouldn't have been laughing so hard if Mcayden hadn't been such a little terror seconds before.
We love our little guy, but man he can be a handful when he wants to be.
After the witch-encounter he was a little angel. Rick said the next time Mcayden starts acting up, we are going to take him to the store to see the witch.

1 comments:

Charity said...

That is so funny! {I can't stop laughing!} It seriously cracks me up everytime I think about it. We too have a little trick that works on Kadon when he is acting out or won't brush his teeth. They are called "spidee's" {spiders}. He'll brush his teeth if you tell him there are "sugar siders" on them or if he is not listening or being disobedient we tell him that spiders don't like it when little boys don't listen to their parents. Iknow, I know it's not healthy, but it works!